How do I search on a specific field?
You can specify which field to search on in the q field e.g. title:Manchurian
Example of a delete using the URL
What is optimize
An optimize is like a hard commit except that it forces all of the index segments to be merged into a single segment first. Depending on the use cases, this operation should be performed infrequently (like nightly), if at all, since it is very expensive and involves reading and re-writing the entire index. Segments are normally merged over time anyway (as determined by the merge policy), and optimize just forces these merges to occur immediately.
Components of an Analyzer
- Used to clean up/regularise characters before passing to TokenFilter
- Remove accents, etc. MappignCharFilter
- They can also do cpomplicated thing like strip HTML, HTMLStripCharFilter
- Convert text to tokens (terms)
- Only once per analyser
- Many options
- Process the tokens produced by the tokenizer
- May be many per field
How do I group by date
facet.query=myDateField:[NOW-11MONTH/MONTH TO NOW-10MONTH/MONTH] facet.query=myDateField:[NOW-10MONTH/MONTH TO NOW-9MONTH/MONTH] facet.query=myDateField:[NOW-9MONTH/MONTH TO NOW-8MONTH/MONTH]